How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1283
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister needs to take a leave of absence from her

Customer Question

My sister needs to take a leave of absence from her employment for stress. What does she need to do?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: HR has been discussing her employment performance with her. She has been a successful employee for a long time, but has been having difficulty learning a new system. She has a number of health issues, including IBS, but now the stress of her situation and not much support from the company (which purchased her original employer) is causing her to forget simple procedures, etc. She sent me a list of things she has been experiencing. HR has had discussions with her.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time/at will.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure exactly what information is needed.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

One quick question first - do you know if your sister qualifies for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? Has she gotten any type of certification from her doctor?

Related California Employment Law Questions