How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1285
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Worker's Comp. patient. Do you answer Worker's Comp.

Customer Question

I am a Worker's Comp. patient. Do you answer Worker's Comp.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. My case was filed in 2005. My injury was in 2004.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am wanting to move from Worker's Comp to Medicare and I was told that because I chose a certain Doctor that I would get no settlement. I was told by a friend that I have to get a settlement. Is this true?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please give us more details? What do you mean you would get no settlement? Do you have a permanent disability rating? Have you filed your workers compensation claim for your permanent disability? We do not understand your question the way you put it, can you clarify?