Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My administrator and my ASKED TO TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE

Customer Question

My administrator and my DON ASKED TO TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE PROBLEM AT THE NURSING HOME WHERE CAN I GET HELP? FEAR FOR MY LICENSE.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the nursing home is in violation of the laws and the administration will not take action, then you need to document the proof (WITHOUT ANY PATIENT PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION, you do not want to violate HIPAA) and you need to contact the CA Department of Health and file a complaint against the nursing home (http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/LnC/Pages/lnc.aspx). The Department will send in investigators to determine the violations. In the meantime, you need to just document your orders from your DON and administrator until the Department of Health can come in and investigate.