How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1281
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer let me go because the new supervisor did not

Customer Question

My employer let me go because the new supervisor did not want to work with me. I filed for unemployment and that was fine until I learned that he owed me for 2015 as he was not paying us correctly. I brought this to his attention and told him I would have to turn him in to the labor board or he could fix it. He wrote me the check we signed a document for my termination of the company that specifically states it would not effect my unemployment and then he filed an appeal on my unemployment with write ups that they created after I was gone.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No it went to the appeals board and he won
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: So I am trying to appeal the appeal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I went to him on Friday before and file a complaint against the supervisor for harassment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So, the payment you had was from work in 2015 and was past wages, not for wages since you were terminated?
You said you lost in the appeals board, you did not use an attorney I am guessing, but what is the reason he won? Have you considered hiring an attorney and filing in court to appeal the board decision?

Related California Employment Law Questions