How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1281
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been with my current school district .5 years, the past

Customer Question

I've been with my current school district for 27.5 years, the past several years as an unrepresented classified confidential employee.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, my current position is being reclassified to a classified union position. My employer says they will Y-Rate my position, but the understanding I have about Y-Rate does not appear to be what the district is offering me.
JA: OK. The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am being asked to provide a written letter to my district by end of the day tomorrow stating the I will accept one of 2 options being offered.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?