How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1285
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I retired back in Oct. of 2013 and filed all my papers needed

Customer Question

I retired back in Oct. of 2013 and filed all my papers needed at that time. I should have started receiving pension money from Nov.2013. Half way through the process I entered into a divorce and nothing was changed in my my application acknowledge this change. Then finally after several months, the change was acknowledged. Mean while the The UFCW Pension Fund said my application had expired. A new one was filed and the process started again. I received a letter from the UFCW on Jan. 8, 2014 that my application had beeen received and the it was acepted and all the provisions that I requested were being granted because I met all the criteria needed. I never received any pension money for over one year and I had already stoped working as of October 11, 2013. I had to file an apeal with the Trust fund to try and get my pension money due me. In the mean time I was paying retiree medical premiums to keep medical coverage sinc I was no longer working. My apeal was denied FOR the same reasons they said I qualified for a pension in the Jan. 8, 2014 letter.
Fianlly Jan. 18 of 2016 I received a check for $4608.67 for back pay. This amount is far short of what I am owed. My estimates are $29,377.40 for the time I retired and there present date of reconciliation with me. The Trust fund say my retirement date is March of 2014 instead of the first date they gave me of Nov. 13 2013. I have all this information onTrust Fund letterhead stating the factrs they should be recognized...... Which they did and then renegade on them. This matter caused a great hardship on myself and Family since I had no other source of income... Please, I ask you for your help in this matter to get all the money due and let me go on and enjoy what I worked over forty three years for........ THANK YOU, ***** ***** OATES
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am very sorry, but we cannot represent you or anyone from this site. You are going to need a local attorney to represent you and your local senior citizen center usually has attorneys who work for free or low cost for seniors and also your local legal aid office can assist you as well, because they have to review all of the documents you have and your pension plan itself to see if the trust is correct or if they made a mistake and need to send you more money.
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####