How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118264
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was employed by a temp service on the first day of work I

Customer Question

I was employed by a temp service on the first day of work I fell and hurt my back, after reporting injury supervisor on duty. The supervisor on duty name Mario contacted HR who told him to send me home. No accident report was given to me or filled out. I went to my doctor and he told me I had injured my back by the fall. My back is suffer stiffness and my neck is hurting. Today I called the temp service and requested an accident report and at workman's comp doctor to go too. They have not returned my call.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The employer cannot refuse to fill out and file a first report of occupational disease or injury. If they are not filling out the report and are not returning your calls, you need to call the state workers compensation division and file a complaint. You also need to go to a doctor and they will be liable for all of your bills ultimately.
You need to call the Division of Workers Compensation to file your complaint and also they will assist you with filing your claim and getting treated as well. See: