How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19106
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been figjting with uneployment because i wasnt able

Customer Question

I have been figjting with uneployment because i wasnt able to file for uneploymemt for 3 monrth due to no being able to reach them or to get to town so when i did i asked for my back pay and i was denied
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i force them to pay npmy back pay that clearly was payrd to them by my employer. But they dont want to give me
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. Regrettably, there is currently no legal relief for late applications. If you failed to file on time, the unemployment office cannot retroactively pay benefits to you. Your unemployment compensation benefits would be paid from the date you applied for benefits. There are no exceptions. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.