How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an employer and have a lawsuit pending by an employee

Customer Question

i am an employer and have a lawsuit pending by an employee with the department of labor. we went thru the conference already and it seems they did not go forth with setting up for trial because its been a few months and i haven't gotten a letter or any notice as to a trial date. is there any way i can use the case number ***** for the conference to check if the case is moving forward or dropped ? because the attorney is still demanding a payment. i believe the plaintiff might have or the lawyer might have dropped the trial because of lack of evidence and weak case. but i cannot confirm because they are still bluffing the trial is pending and said that they have the letter from dol with trial date but till this moment we have not got the letter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You could use the party names to go online and see if a trial date has been set. They would have filed in either state or federal court. They have to give you notice.