How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Lykken, Esq Your Own Question
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 103
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Michael Lykken, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had worked at Korean restaurant and half years. During

Customer Question

I had worked at Korean restaurant for 3 and half years. During that time, i had never gotten any overtime and anything. Also manager had stolen waiter tips too. Me and my coworkers were trying to sue him however, he removed restaurant KaKao group which contained my working hour. I still have part of my working hour but not full of it. In this case, Destruction of evidence is working? I have photo when i worked and witness who worked at there. Even though i do not have working hour evidence, can i sue him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also if me and my workers sue him, for finding evidence, do lawyer can ask help to KaKao group?One more thing. among waiters, there was international students. For evading taxes, manager bought social number from somoone. Becasue of that, he asked to them 150 bucks each. After we sue, how we and lawyer can find? we have witnesses.
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would like to help you with this question, but please understand that I can only provide you with general legal advice. I'm sorry to hear that you have been taken advantage of by your past employer.

In order to file a claim against the restaurant, you would need to file a complaint with the California Labor Commissioner. You could retain an attorney if you want, but you first will need to go through a labor commissioner hearing before you can file suit in court for your damages. The labor commissioner could determine that you are owed wages and order the employer to pay compensation to you. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you could let me know if you need any further clarification that would be great. Otherwise, if you are happy with my service I would appreciate it if you would rate my service. I only receive credit for helping you if you rate my service. Thank you!