Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My work classification is shop manager- i work i a yire

Customer Question

my work classification is shop manager- i work i a yire store and paid salary w/ bonus but i work oh tires- mount/ balance/receive tires/put up tires 75 to 80 pecent of the time- i work 50 + hours a week am i intitled to overtime pay
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you work for a dealership? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no- its a tire store in salt lake utah

Thank you. There is an overtime exemption for certain mechanics that work at dealerships, but given that this exemption would not apply to you because you don't work at a dealership, and given that the managerial exemption would not seem to apply either because you are not primarily engaged in managerial activities, it would seem that an individual in your circumstance is indeed entitled to overtime. You can pursue what you are owed by filing a wage claim with the Utah Labor Commission here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.