How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19629
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work big communications company I was under ibew union

Customer Question

I work for a big communications company I was under ibew union company moved me to the cwa union I was told to continue helping with the ibew union person and help both places because the work force has been cut.I help the person in the cwa area then when there is nothing to do the next day I drive 45 minutes to the ibew area then when I reach the ibew area I get a call from the cwa superviser at 11oclock that I better be back to help the cwa person and be there right after lunch this has been going on for about 4 months I did not ask to be moved to cwa .both supervisers had made the agreement that I help both places.they moved me with out opening a job for the area with in the union .the ibew superviser has let me work in the cwa with out saying a word.the cwa superviser is doing me wrong by calling me on my personal phone being mean saying hateful words making me drive hours .how do I drive an hour and half to work in the ibew area soon as I get there get phone call you better be back to help the cwa person.Iam only doing what the two supervisers agreed on so I had all I could stand today so I went home this is a very unsafe situation that Iam in the company is centurylink .there has been un legal action with moving me from the ibew union to the cwa union Iam doing what I was told to do help both the ibew superviser I cant live in this unstable environment. what should I do;
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

This matter should be settled by Union representatives. You need to go back to your Union to get the issue addressed. You should not have to be reporting back and forth to two separate Supervisors and work locations. If your Union Representatives refuse or fail to address your issue, you would need to file complaint with NLRB for relief. Click on the link below for the complaint form:

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.