California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I was denied unemployment benefits as my employer claimed I…

Customer Question
I was denied unemployment benefits...
I was denied unemployment benefits as my employer claimed I was on Unauthorized LOA . I was out for about 45 days. Nearing day 45 (= or +)
I received a call from HR asking for a medical statement from my MD. Informed HR my MD was out of town and would seek the release upon her return. Less than 10 days later I received a letter , clearly showing my status as LOA and that I was terminated (No reason given) They reported to Unemployment I was on UNAUTHORIZED LOA as reason for "Misconduct" . Benefits were denied , I appealed .. is there a chance of winning the appeal ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
3/5/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did you fail to respond to any of your employer's inquiries about when you were coming back to work or when you would be able to provide your doctor's note? Did you ultimately get the note from your doctor?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.