How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19283
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was dismissed as a substitute teacher over a ridiculous

Customer Question

I was dismissed as a substitute teacher over a ridiculous complaint that was not properly investigated by the HR administrator. I was a teacher at the school from 1993-2010 and quit teaching to care for my disabled daughter. I continued to substitute each year at the same site to administer advanced placement exams. My husband works there too. There was an issue over testing security protocol and I took a picture and the entire situation has snowballed until I am now having my teaching credential suspended over an issue that should not have ever reached this level.
Is it possible to take a school district or specifically an HR administrator to court because he did not conduct an actual investigation of allegations against me and took another teacher's extremely fabricated story at face value. My reputation as well as future career has been damaged. The school district and commission on teacher credentialing feel they are "above the law" even after a judge dismissed a restraining order that this teacher tried to have issued over this same issue.
I was immediately guilty and never asked my side of the story. I yelled at the lady and posted a photo of her desk (no name or identifiers) to Facebook in a private post. She used the words bully, harass, and assault and put it in writing. It isn't true. She was merely embarrassed.
I have been banned from every school in the district just because this woman doesn't like me and wanted me fired. I worked with her for over 20 years. this whole thing is stupid. I want to walk away but I can't handle having my credential suspended over untrue statements and an issue that never involved students. Do I have any recourse? This occurred last May, and I just went to the CTC board last week.
Ugh. Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is possible. You can file a lawsuit over this issue. However, it is prudent to retain an Attorney to assist you with the case.

Related California Employment Law Questions