California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

A person has temporary disability payments from a current…

Customer Question
A person has temporary disability...
A person has temporary disability payments from a current employer that will become permanent in four months. The same person is expecting a settlement from a previous employer in three-months. Will the settlement prevent the temporary disability from becoming permanent? The settlement is north of $500,000 but the person is 55 or 56 and really needs both since there will be no possibility for future employment.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/24/2016
California Employment Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Is the settlement related to the same disability as the current case?

Thanks for respondingThe settlement and the disability are completely unrelated

In that case, the settlement should not have any affect on the disability case.