California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I resigned from a company almost a month ago. My ex employer…

Customer Question
I resigned from a company...
I resigned from a company almost a month ago. My ex employer is still contact me in a very confrontational and hostile manner that is starting to cause me great anxiety. While all company property has been returned, the CEO is insisting that I still have company property in my possession. A lawyerhas advised me to remain silent to his threats; but to also send in anything I may have.I recently was made aware that the CEO has now gotten to contacting my friends. Telling them they are accomplices and accessories to conspiracies and liabilities; but if they don't warn me of anything and if they don't tell me about his messages to them, then he promises to keep them safe and out of harms way. He's gone as far as telling a friend to think of her family and for her to make the right decision.I am concerned at this point. I have remained silent and not been confrontational in any way. I was not aware that it's legal for an ex employer to continue contact me. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/20/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Samuel-II, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

So what is it you are concerned about? Do you feel you are being defamed by his contact to your friends and inferring that you stole something from him?

I suggest that you should have your local attorney write him a cease and desist letter stating that he is telling untruths about you. That he knows you have returned any and all company property and if he continues to make statements that you have not or are in someway stealing from the company, then you will consider a civil lawsuit for defamation.

A letter of this nature coming from a local attorney on letterhead should have an impact and he should stop what he is saying about you to others. If he feels that he has a case and evidence of the same, he will bring the matter to a civil lawsuit to try to recover the value of the property.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information in this regard.