California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I was moved to California job in July of 2015. I was never…

Customer Question
Hello, I was moved to California...
I was moved to California for a job in July of 2015. I was never given a job description but was put on a performance plan in January of 2016 for performance issues that I was not allowed to comment on. Today I was sent - accidentally I might add - a demotion letter. I am being 'offered' a new position with a 45% pay reduction that I need to accept by Friday or apparently I don't have a job. I am the only female manager in the project office and it is clear that this is a way to get me to leave. I am also being told that if I accept the position I will have to relocate to Fresno in June, something I never agreed to when I accepted the position. Please let me know if I have any recourse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/16/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you suspect that this is happening to you because you are female? (You mention your gender which is why I ask) If so, why? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

I'm not sure if you were able to view my response. Did you get what I wrote?

I would like more of a reply than what I just got for $50. Can you tell me if I have any position here?

I haven't tried to answer your question yet, I am trying to get more information from you so that I can give you an intelligent reply. Did you see my request above?