California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I work school dist. as an instruc. Aide. I have been

Customer Question
I work for a school...
I work for a school dist. as an instruc. Aide. I have been continually harassed. Ultimately, physically attacked by my school secretary resulting in injuring me. They are circling the wagons because I filed 2 incident reports along with submitting 2 workers comp forms. I started having panic attacks after hearing my principal threaten me with direct retaliation for filing the forms. I really need some help and protection. I'm not sure what to do. Please help!1
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/8/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer. replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer.

The California Fair Employment and Housing Act protects employees from retaliation for filing workers comp forms. AN attorney through the California Employment Lawyers Association could provide you with a referral to a competent employee rights attorney to determine if a lawsuit would be the best avenue for you. Here is link to the website: https://www.cela.org/

It looks like the employer is violating the law in connection to the way you are being treated.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.