California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

What do I need to know or do to file for disability in

Customer Question
What do I need to...
What do I need to know or do to file for disability in California
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
2/3/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

In order to collect State Disability Insurance, you need to establish that you are disabled from working for at least 8 consecutive calendar days and that you have adequately paid into the system to support a claim. Normally, if you have worked in the last year you will have adequately paid into the system.

You can apply for SDI online here. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.