California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

If an employee is off and had unused sick time, how is that…

Customer Question
If an employee is laid...
If an employee is laid off and had unused sick time, how is that handled under Colorado Law?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/27/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Employees are not entitled to unused sick time upon separation of employment in the state of Colorado. Only if you had an employment contract which expressly provided to the contrary would you have any claim to those accrued days.