Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was receiving UI months Then md placed me on DI I DIDNT

Customer Question

I was receiving UI FOR 6 months
Then md placed me on DI
I DIDNT PAY INTO SDI AT SCHOOL JOB THE LAST 2 years.
Per form de429d I may be eligible for recomputation if I didn't work for 60 days and had ca wages preceding the quarters shown please clarify
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The issue with school jobs is some schools are exempt from paying into unemployment insurance and in those cases you would have to show some otherunemployment taed wagesin the preceeding 4 of the last 5 quarters. If you had no payment into unemployment for the last 2 yers though that is more than the last 5 quarters and as such they cannot do the recomputation I am sorry to say.