California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I had a miscarriage on 12/18/15. At was 8 weeks. on the 17…

Customer Question
Hi.. I had a miscarriage...
Hi.. I had a miscarriage on 12/18/15. At was 8 weeks . on the 17 the I was had no o e else to receive the load at work so I had to receive the load and break pallets of merchandise about 8 ft tall. That contains plastic totes that waits about 30 to 40 pounds. I did not report it to my job. What can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
1/16/2016
California Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Good morning. I'm sorry for your loss of a child.

A miscarriage caused by your work is an injury covered by workers' compensation benefits. You can file a claim with the Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC), if you have lost any wages or medical needs as a result of your injury.

You can also contact the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and ask for an investigation of possible unlawful pregnancy discrimination against you.

You can also contact a private employment rights lawyer to negotiate a settlement on your behalf.

You have rights, and threats against you by your employer/boss for irrelevant reasons, such as those you describe, are discriminatory and unlawful.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!