How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2170
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with unstable angina (heart condition)

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with unstable angina (heart condition) since 2012 and take a lot of meds that prevent me from working because of the effects. I tried to work in 2014 but got released from employment after 8 months because I could not perform 100%. Unemployment stated I could not receive benefits because it was under a year. Can I file for social security disability benefits ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are trying to connect me with a California person. I live in the State of Texas
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes If your condition would prevent you from being able to work you should qualify. However there are certain preconditions such as how long you worked. See.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you do not need further assistance, please accept and rate the service so that it can be closed out.