How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1285
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a secretary County, and during Workers Comp Leave I

Customer Question

I am a secretary for LA County, and during Workers Comp Leave I retired 08/24/2010. I also applied for work service connect disability through my retirement board. LAC did not pay into Social Security, they have LA County Retirement Association (LACERA)we paid social security benefits into. Regular Social Security cannot help me found out when I applied last year. I need an attorney who can assist me, as my Worker's Comp Case is coming up for settlement, and I believe my disability maybe relating it's decision based on it's outcome. I first applied through LACERA in 2010, they denied it as service connect, but said I do have disabilities. I called them a few months ago, they said case still open, and I can also reapply, but it would be not based on physical injury but psychiatric injury. I need help to show this aspects, I have discrimination injury listed by dates order, and EEOC application was accepted in 2012. Can someone help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Are you looking for a workers comp attorney to help you resolve the workers comp case?