California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I live in CA and work in State. At the outset of my

Customer Question
I live in CA and...
I live in CA and work in Washington State. At the outset of my employment as a computer contractor, I was given CA payroll forms for income tax withholding, and I receive a travel allowance per diem whicl working in Washington state. My contract in Washington is coming to an end this week, being laid off, and I believed I was entitled to final pay according to CA labor laws, that is, to receive my final pay on the last day of work. My employer disagrees and want to withhold pay until the next week when it would have been a regularly scheduled payday.
Am I entitled to protection of the CA labor laws in this case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2015
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you physically perform any of your work in the state of CA? Do you have a contract with a choice of law provision that indicates CA law will apply to your employment?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

LawTalk, Attorney