California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

My Dad had worked back in the late 60's to early 70's. He

Customer Question
My Dad had worked for...
My Dad had worked for DWP back in the late 60's to early 70's. He didn't know it was still avaliable after being name in an indictment for something he had nothing to do with. He worked for DWP San Diego, road division. His supervisor had blackballed him and he lost his job. He had gotten a 10 yr award for excellent work. Anyway I don't hink he still had any retirement benefits coming to him. He has since passed. My mom keeps getting turned down for help so she can get some hearing aids because they keep saying she is getting pension money monthly but is not. My Dad passed away at age 76 in 2003. I think he has funds from that job that no one knew about or that he didn't even think he was still eligible for. if he is the his retirement goes back 14 yrs before he passed away totalling to date 35 yrs unclaimed funds. Where can i look for who can find out for me. If these are stiil in the retirement fund which i believe is then she should get the 35 years back and continue on with it, which will help her a lot. She has already gone through a reverse mortgage with little to none left. My Brother has been caring for her and says it has been a real struggle to make ends meet, and also is trying to get her those hearing aids. Can you please help me to help her, or direct me to someone who can please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. you dont have my Phone number so how can you call. also i am on disability so i really cant afford any extra. I live alone and no extra money coming in. i am hoping to get remimbersed for my time and any money i have had to spend because this is a credit card that i really can't afford to pay.My number is(###) ###-####
11/8/2015
California Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the DWP yet to have them research their records?
Even though he was terminated, if he was vested in the plan, then he should have been eligible for the pension once he reached the retirement age set by the plan. If DWP does not have the information, the only other place that would have the information is the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (http://www.pbgc.gov/).
If neither of those two places have any records, there are no other places that the records would be kept.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney