How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38898
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work that has paid me cash under the table when I first

Customer Question

I work for someone that has paid me cash under the table when I first started working has never given me a paper pay stub, has lowered my wage against my will, even though the company makes 5 times the amount of money since I started, he charges customers a 3% credit fee that I have not charged customers because its wrong, but now he has taken the fees out of my pay this month against my will. he has told me that if I don't like the pay reduction that I should prepare for my departure from company he oppresses my wage and threatens my job security if I don't like it, is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


How long have you been working for this person?

Do you have any proof that you have been working for the person (such as a witness or witnesses (coworker or customer) who would be willing to testify to your having worked for the person; emails, texts, etc. )?

Related California Employment Law Questions