How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12608
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an employer. My now former employee is trying to

Customer Question

I am an employer . My now former employee is trying to collect unemployment. He works for me for a total of about 4 months however the first month was off the books because we were not sure if we would keep him. Now that the partment of labor sent me a simple wage information and separations form to fill out to handle his unemployment claim. How should I handle this? And what do I say if dept of labor questions me about the initial month of not having him on the books?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did you receive a Form DE 1545? What form did you receive with "questions" from the EDD?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Related California Employment Law Questions