How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116728
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I quit my job in US in order to be able to take care father

Customer Question

I quit my job in US in order to be able to take care for sick father abroad, this is a family emergency. I need to find a job over there. Will I be eligible for unemployment until I find job over there?
I am dual citizen.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, under CA law for unemployment, to be eligible for benefits you must have lost your employment through no fault of your own OR voluntarily quit your employment for reasons directly related to your employment AND you must be available and looking for new employment. I am afraid that your situation would not satisfy either one of the two requirements that must be met. You voluntarily quit for a reason other than one directly related to employment AND you are not available and looking for new employment. Thus, you would not qualify for benefits under the CA law.

Related California Employment Law Questions