California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

Ok, Ill take you up on this chat offer. I am employer who

Customer Question
made an unwillful mistake in...
ok, Ill take you up on this chat offer. I am employer who made an unwillful mistake in underpaying overtime to travel to the racetrack. I have a PAGA claim against me thats outrageous. While the law says I do owe them overtime for the travel, my research is in trying to find out how hard the courts will be on me for an unwillful mistake. The ex employees have launched a massive fraudulent wage claim stating I never gave them breaks and that every week they worked OT and DT etc. My company records and communications between the employees can prove that they are grossly exaggerating the claim and I am trying to find where there is punishment in CA for filing false claims or recourse for what these guys are doing to me. They never allowed me the opportunity to fix the mistake and even went as far as to put in writing that they refuse to be exact on what we owe on;ly that we should pay 20k to each of them or they would file every claim possible. We are a husband and wife run small business who gave these employees complete trust and independence in our business. Keys, access to records etc. So stupid on our part but now we are out to lose our entire lively hood based on a claim i can prove is false. Can you point me to some research that helps me answer questions on what recourse the courts take for false claims.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
8/8/2015
California Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

I can provide you with some proprietary info on the PAGA. But, I won't list it in this forum, precisely because it's proprietary, and I don't want it spread all across the web for free. If you're interested, I'll send you an additional services offer and you can accept or decline at your convenience.

California Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your previous expert has opted out of the question and had to leave, do you still require assistance?
LawTalk, Attorney