How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1281
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a malpractice suit with two law firms One of the

Customer Question

I am in a malpractice suit with two law firms One of the firms was released from the trial during the summary judgment hearing. One firm remains. An appeal is necessary which we believe we will win, however trial is soon. Can the trial date be changed
until the appeal is heard?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardSo you are appealing the dismissal of the law firm defendant? Do you know the basis for that appeal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one of the items in the motion for summary judgement. I don't know which one.
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you. Well, you can certainly ask for the continuance until the matter is appealed. But because of the time it takes to appeal and get a decision, the other remaining party may oppose it.

Related California Employment Law Questions