How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1283
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was turned down term disability and need to appeal

Customer Question

I was turned down for long term disability and need to appeal with the assistance of an attorney
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  nyclawyer replied 2 years ago.
what can I answer about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a referral name as I need an attorney to help me present an appeal to the Federal Government. Being on my own did not work. My Ophthalmologist approved the permenant disability. The State of California approved. I need help to navigate the Federal and know that I was honestly heard. I have had both eyes with multiple (total of 1 tear and three retina detachments). My eyes strongly reacted to computers, weather, lighting in a room and out side natural light, glare is a killer, allergies effect and fluorescent lights. When I worked I was on the computer all day and reading financial and legal documents. The glare from the computer effects my up close and distance vision where I could not read or drive which was also required in my job. I was turned down for Federal as the right eye Retina Docotor per the Feferal stated my retina was not bad enough. Please help with a referral.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;
2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.
I can help you find counsel via a referral service in CA. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in the state.
Would this be acceptable?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.