California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I am an auto detailer in an auto body shop. my boss recently

Customer Question
rented out the stall/washbay right...
I am an auto detailer in an auto body shop. my boss recently rented out the stall/washbay right next to mine to an independent detailer. On his first full day at our shop,he offers me a quick "sidejob" detailing a car that he will drive me to on our lunchbreak. I didn't feel comfortable with this so I basically ignored him and didn't respond. This offer came after he tells me that I was the star in his errotic dream the night before.since he got no response from me on his offer, he went to my manager and told her of his need for my detailing work, so she sends me with him to complete his ficticious detail job.HE was quite cocky about the fact that he convinced my manager to believe his lie. So we leave the shop and while driving, he asks me a few very personal questions regarding my sexlife.i am obviously uncomfortable talking about this with him, tell him I do not morally agree with him,etc. He pulls into a motel about a mile and a half from work, stops his truck,then offers to "loan" me the money for my motel room for the night so I can take a shower and clean up.(ive been sleeping in the office at work at night with my partner who also works at shop as a body man) until we find ourselves a house to rent.(we recently relocated here from out of the area)I thank him for the loan since it was a day before payday, and we go in to lobby and I fill out reg. card and he pays cash for my room. The motel clerk informs me that my room is not yet ready, and to return in 30 min for my key. we drive to a fast food restaurant, grab me a hamburger,and as we pull back in to motel, I tell him I am not going to pick up my key until after I get off of work. I tell him it would be senseless to clean up in mid afternoon, as I still have work to do. He then turns to me and says, look, ill just be straight with you. You wont have to pay me back if you F__K me. Completely startled by his words, I turned to him and said, I think ill just pay you back. Im not morally like that. I have certain standards. he says is there anythim
ng else you would do for me then? I said NO. Its all the same to me,and the answer is no. so he takes the long way back to work, explaining to me that we haven't been gone long enough yet for his story to sound right.I immediately told my boyfriend about this, but bthats all. that was on Friday, and ive called in sick the past 3 days because I am very uncomfortable returning to work.the manager is thrilled with this guy because not only is paying my boss a hefty monthly rent, but he offered to paint the buildings and supply us with all cleaning products as part of his rental agreement. my boss is paying me off the books, by the way.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2015
California Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly is your question? for example:
1) Can I force my boss to break the lease to this person?
2) Can I sue this person?
3) Can I file a criminal complaint?
Etc.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
LawTalk, Attorney