California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have been working current US company (with

Customer Question
Hello, I have been working...
Hello, I have been working for my current US company (with Canadian presence), since 2001. I am in Windsor/Ontario and commute when needed to Detroit/US. My contract was in $US and I have been paid since the beginning in the converted equivalent in $CA. The company is now reviewing my salary and wants to switch to a $CA base, but with a rate that is lower than these days rate (basically last year's rate + a 3% increase), which is basically a pay cut for more than 12%. Is this something allowed, and what are my options? Also if they breach the contract, am I still bound to the non-compete agreement in it? Thanks a lot.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
It is not a question of performance or anything... My last year performance was 4 out of 5 and got a 20% bonus...
6/22/2015
California Employment Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 3 years ago
retireddebra
Does the contract provide for what law applies, that is Ontario law or US law?
California
The company Wilcox Associates Inc. was bought by another company Hexagon Metrology (more than 7 years ago) and kept the same name...
 replied 3 years ago
I will ask the site to move this to the US employment law list for you.
I cannot wait more... I have to leave. I'd like to cancel the request for a phone call