LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have work that fails under the Davis Bacon act . If the installers drive out t

Customer Question

I have work that fails under the Davis Bacon act for wages. If the installers drive out to site delivering product for the install and then install same product the same day. does the drive time to and back from site also fall under the DBA wages, or can that be consider standard normal wage?
Brian from California
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Brian,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Under federal DBA law, the employer doesn't have to pay travel time, but rater per diem based time worked. However, CA is a different story and you indicate you are in CA. Let me explain.
CA law allows less leeway than federal law when it comes to prevailing wage laws. Under CA law an employer must pay travel time to and from the worksite at the prevailing wage.
So the installers you refer to must be paid prevailing wage for their drive to and from the job site.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug