How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118255
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Like to know if I can recieve retirement benefits from the

Customer Question

like to know if I can recieve retirement benefits from the carpenter union after 10 yrs. a member.I was hurt on the job and recieved state comp. for 4 yrs., and have not been able to work as a carpenter. The accident happen in 1963. Am I entitle any benefits?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you spoken to the pension benefits office, because if you were not yet vested in the pension, you would not be entitled to benefits?
If you paid into the pension and never received a cash payment when you left, then you need to prove your time of employment in order to sue them in court to make them prove what happened to your money and if you do not have the proof of the time, I am afraid that you would not be able to collect.