California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I work salary as Director of Emergency, I was at work on 5/26…

Customer Question
I work salary as Director...
I work salary as Director of Emergency, I was at work on 5/26 with angina chest pain, I didnt want to be admitted becasue I had 2 boys at home. I came back next day had stress test that was read by cardiologist as positive. He too me off work for week, over weekend had chest pain and was admitted and had heart catherization on 6/1 was told not to return to work until 6/8, I followed up with pcp and she said not to follow up until 6/24 when appt was with cardiologisdt.
I turned in letter of resignation on 6/3 due to my health and told them may last day would be on 7/1 I would work a 1 month notice. I find out today I was terminated on 5/5/15 and told not to come back.
They terminated my short term disability on 5/31/15 so I didnt even turn in resignation until 6/3
I cant get benefits.
What should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
This is in the state of Mexico. Nothing was told to me about the last day being 5/31/15. I am transferring to a sister hospital so my employment should have continued, I was scheduled to start there June 22. So how can they end my benefits prior to letter of resignation with notes from doctos and cardiologist to be off work.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/10/2015
California Employment Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did you meet the following requirements---all 3 of them:
A. Employer has 50 or more employees, and
B. You worked longer than 1 year for the employer, and
C. You worked at least 1250 hours in the past 12 months for the employer?
2. Do you mean the state of "New Mexico"?
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug