California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

If you are hired as salary, you work 54 hours per week, get…

Customer Question
If you are hired...
If you are hired as salary, you work 54 hours per week, get paid biweekly. Stub shows 80 hours per week at set rate. But if you are absent for illness, is it legal for employer then to deduct 1 or 2 days for your absense. In texas
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
6/9/2015
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
Is your position classified as "overtime exempt"? What do your job duties consist of?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.