LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I have been harassed at work and set up by my supervisor. I

Customer Question

i have been harassed at work and set up by my supervisor. I have witnesses. I passed out at work due to this stress and ended up in the emergency room. I have severe headaches and chest pain now d/t fear of my management and if they will continue to harass me and loss of job/career. I have sought out help from my primary care doc which lead me to a psychiatrict general care MD. She tells me to not worry and just move to New York to get a job if i can handle it. She wants me to seek therapy and has to my understanding notified my boss/employer that i am seeking treatment. I was told that mental health is confidential? what do i do? I really need person time off from work to handle this stress and maybe find another job since i am afraid to return to my currant employer. I had explained that to this MD but she is not listening
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Your medical providers will not certify that you have a serious health condition and require time off for that? Does your employer have at least 50 employees? Have you worked there at least one full year and a minimum of 1,250 hours over the past year?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.