LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

I was pushed by a customer at work and I have witnesses. This

Customer Question

I was pushed by a customer at work and I have witnesses. This occurred just a few days ago. Not sure, what to do.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
You have several options open to you under the circumstances.
You may file a criminal complaint for Batter by this customer. The police will investigate and the DA will potentially prosecute him for the crime.
You may also sue him personally for civil assault---a personal injury and seek damages to punish hos wrongful behavior and for any damages you might have physically sustained. Small claims court would be a good place for this lawsuit if you were not injured physically. You can sue for up to $10,000 in small claims court.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug