How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Arbitrator
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years of experience in employment law matters in both government and private sector.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Arrassment from my mangerWhen l report some of the RN treating

Customer Question

Arrassment from my manger
When l report some of the RN treating so bad
The manager will turn the report against me in front of the big Boss
The manager have been trying to get reed of me 2yrs
Now that we have a big Boss and manager start using my word against me
In the she call me, are you okay, did anyone makes you uncomfortable, l said l am ok
Please can l have a law to help me sue the manager and the hospital
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
Based on what you have shared with me, it sounds as though you are the victim of a hostile work environment that may be predicated on discrimination. The Civil Rights Act prevents discrimination against any person in the work place based on that person's race, gender, religion, age or handicap. If you feel as though you may are being discriminated against based on one of the factors, then you can actually make a claim against your employer through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
The EEOC will review your case and if they find merit will allow you to sue the employer for discrimination and hostile work environment in federal court (which is better than state court in most cases). You can receive damages and attorney fees if you win the suit.
You also do not have to worry about the employer retaliating against you because you filed the complaint. There are laws in place to protect you and if they did treat you poorly because you filed the complaint, you can sue them for retaliation.
So, if you feel like you have been discriminated against, then you need to file a claim with the EEOC. To me, it sounds like that is what is going on.
Let me know what other questions you have, if any. If none, please give me a positive rating so that I can receive credit for my work.
Thanks and Best Wishes!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions or comments on this matter? Just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!