How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PaulmoJD Your Own Question
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
PaulmoJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds found that my former USDA supervisor

This answer was rated: found that my former USDA supervisor is maliciously lying to my prospective employers. I cannot secure a wage earning job. I was injured on the job, went on Worker's Compensation-former supervisor stated that I was fired, I never no showed my job-supervisor stated I did this frequently, My performance evaluation stated that I meet expectations and I was given a raise-former supervisor stated I was a marginal performer. I can go on and on!
This have prevented me from getting work since 2011, I would prefer a method that would allow me to collect damages. Is this possible? Is their a federal agency that will handle this? Do I need a lawyer? Are there lawyers that will work on percentage? What are on my options?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your supervisor is making known false statements about your employment, this is considered defamation/slander/defamation and it is grounds for a civil suit against the employer. There is no federal agency to handle this. You have to file suit with an attorney and some attorneys will take the case on a contingency fee basis, but you have to check around for the attorneys because some will want at least a $2000 retainer to take the case.

If you have this report though, many attorneys upon seeing that and proof that you were not fired will agree to take the case on a contingency, since this is retaliation under workers compensation to raise that and it is also false to report you were fired if you were not fired.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
PaulmoJD and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions