How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

while being fired from my position at VA the persons who was

This answer was rated:

while being fired from my position at VA the persons who was assigned the job to disregard the facts and fire me for being pro veteran and in a way whistle blowing on my organization for the gross FW&A caused by the nepotism at VA GLAHCS not to mention totally disregard all the factual proof i submitted in rebuttal to being punished and fired

anyways while presenting my case to the merit system review board (kangaroo court) the person who fired me blatantly lied and i can prove it with sworn testimony that he lied against me. do i have any recourse
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

When you say that the person lied about you, do you mean the person made false statements of FACT about you to third parties, or did he or she lie about you to justify terminating you (to you)?
Hello Charles,

You may have a claim for defamation, which is a false statement of fact that is made (published) to a third party (someone other than you).

If the person who had you terminated lied in the merit system review board, you may have a possible case for defamation.

That said, defamation causes of action are very hard to prove and even harder to get attorneys interested in (unless you have a LOT of potential damages).

That said, since it appears that your damages from this termination were severe (to say the least) you may have a good case.

While JustAnswer experts cannot give customers specific recommendations, you can use the following sites to find an attorney interested in taking your case:

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.
If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers and DON’T receive anything unless you rate me positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!


Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions