How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been bullied by the school I was working for and my

This answer was rated:

I have been bullied by the school I was working for and my mental and physical health is so bad and they bullied me into resigning and I had not done anything I was one month before my probation was finished I need legal help as they should pay for the year of pain they gave me and no job now. thanks Bonnie(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Please let me know what question you have regarding your situation?

Do you believe that you were subject to discrimination based on a protected characteristic?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean my personality? I have done this same work different schools since 2003 but at this school and was not allowed breaks or dr visits without being lied to the top supervisor example she didn't ask a couple of days in advance and I had they never listened to what I had to say my super just above would yell at me constantly and tell the field super lies like didn't chande gloves enough and very embaracing things like come to the back and I will show you how to wash dishes or your makeup looks terrib le and I will show you how to put on or the drain on the floor is fluding and its your falt you need to get on floor and clean drai before going home a illion of these things no breaks if I went bathroom she was screaming for me to hurry up

Hello Bonnie,

By protected characteristic I mean race, gender, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, etc.?

Any of those?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I believe it was sexual orientation although Im older than she she always was compairing me to her and a lot of people liked me and Im single but she would say how come you look so good ev eryday and I would Im working and also am single and try to look as nice as I can each day but,but a lot of guys and woman stopped talking to her because she was mean and wanted there attention all the time phone etc. and would put on extra makeup when they were coming so my probation was coming due and she didn't want me as completion so she started liying to her super to get me out that's the only thing I can think of because I have never been written up in since 2003 and know one at the school including kids wanted me to leave she trumped up lies and took her wortd for things and she it doesn't look good for you so bre things go on your record you should resign I was so sick mentally and physically had lost 20lbs dr said not good and goodand I have since little Dythimia and was going into deep depression from bulling and did not want to jump off bride as I live alone.

Thank you for the additional information, Bonnie.

I'll look into this and get back to you soon.
Hello Bonnie,

If you can demonstrate that your treatment was due to discrimination based on a protected characteristic (sexual orientation) then you would have a good claim for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act against your employer.

You can and should file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, which you can do here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate your complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!


Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you