How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Did my employer put me at risk of my livelihood by not removing

This answer was rated:

Did my employer put me at risk of my livelihood by not removing employee sooner ?

Employee assaulted me (horseplay) that has caused the company to lay me off due to medical limitations. (back)

I can't work and have lost my last ten years of income.

I'm looking into supina all employment & HR records for past horseplay history to recover lost wages

What law practice area covers this question.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, an employer can be sued for negligent hiring and retention in failing to terminate an employee with a previous record of horseplay, especially if that resulted in any other employee injuries, or there was knowledge that he was a potential liability.

Of course, the primary recourse you have is through a workers' compensation claim against your employer and a personal injury suit against the employee that caused you injuries through his negligent horseplay. The negligent suit against your employer would be something you could consider on top of that.

If you haven't done so yet, I would suggest that you look into hiring a workers' compensation attorney and personal injury attorney (on contingency).

Unfortunately, I cannot give specific recommendations due to the rules of this site and professional ethics, but I can give you a few good websites to consult to find an attorney to represent you:

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!


Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you great information !

Customer: replied 3 years ago.



I found out that the statute of limitations is two years to sue employer any way's around time standard ?


At 74%WPI at my age (56) the company won't give full disability just partial disability pension.


Social Security my only chance ?


thanks gary