How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Before they stopped sending you a check for the homestead act

This answer was rated:

Before they stopped sending you a check for the homestead act it now went into my city tax. like i told you it was at least $1000.00 now they give you only $300 or $500 towards the city tax.i'm 62 yrs old and disabled. Who makes the decisions the amount they give you? You'll write to tell me that this is amount is normal. it's seems unfair to me but this question is for me only. thank you

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You seem to be referencing a conversation with a previous expert. Is that correct or is this a new question?

Are you talking about the Homestead Benefit Program in New Jersey?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm might of made a few mistake to someone i was sending question to. First i can't afford making payment every month I only want a single thing like I did way back I sent before. I thought i make one question for $38.00 not a monthly thing. a question for myself how they calculate on return amount?.

Hello Aubrey,

There is only one question here. You should ask the questions to customer service. I have no idea (let alone any control) over billing, etc.

I will look into this for you and get back to you soon.
Hello Aburey,

Since you are disabled, your homestead benefits for 2013 would be calculated by multiplying the amount you paid in property taxes in 2008 by 10% as long as your income was less than $100,000.

The formula that is used is multiplying the amount you paid in property taxes from five years ago by 10% (for disabled people who make under $100,000 a year).

See this link for more information:

For your 2011 benefits (which are credited toward your 2013 taxes), it is 10% of the property taxes you paid in 2006.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Apologies for the name typo, Aubrey.