How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I feel harrased at work and have reported to my supervisor

This answer was rated:

If I feel harrased at work and have reported to my supervisor and he does nothing what is the repercussion of me resigning if I were to take legal action. My situation has become unberable.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

What type of harassment are you referring to, sexual harassment, or some other form of discrimination based on your race, gender, age, disability, marital status, or other protected classification?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am 57 and feel harassed by 3 women 2 in their 20's and one in her late 30's both by age and gender. I am a Sr. Director and one of them reports directly to me the other one reports to my direct report and the eldest reports to the other Director in the office. I have reported this to my supervisor the VP for the HUB
I see. Thank you for providing this additional information, Marcos.

Resigning normally makes it more difficult to recover lost wages and benefits through legal action since it provides grounds for the employer to argue that it was the employee's own actions which led to their loss of wages and benefits--the resignation itself. That is not to say it is impossible to recover damages if you resign, but it does normally make it more difficult.

Instead of resigning, I would normally request a leave of absence if possible and pursue your claims with the state Fair Employment and Housing Commission while also retaining an attorney to guide you through the process and ensure your rights are well protected.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!


Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.