Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

What is the law dealing with not being paid the correct wage for almos

What is the law dealing with not being paid the correct wage for almost 3 years

Brandon, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Are you online with me today?

Brandon, Esq. :

First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear that you have had to go through this. The good news is that there is recourse for you. All you need to do is make a claim with the dlse for unpaid wages and you will be paid for all of the time you have not been paid. In addition, you are owed a waiting time penalty in the amount of a full days wages for up to 30 days.

Brandon, Esq. :

You can file an unpaid wage claim here:

Brandon, Esq. :

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

Brandon, Esq. :

More about the waiting time penalty you are owed can be found here:

Brandon, Esq. :

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_waitingtimepenalty.htm

Brandon, Esq. :

Filing a claim with the DLSE will result in you receiving what you are owed much faster than filing a lawsuit, and if you are retaliated against in any way, you will have a cause of action against your employer.

Brandon, Esq. :

If at any time you were paid less than minimum wage for any hour worked you will be entitled to liquidated damages, however, from the information you have provided I am guessing this is not the case here.

Brandon, Esq. :

Of course, it is entirely within your right to get an employment attorney to help you in this matter.

Brandon, Esq. :

If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Brandon, Esq. :

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Brandon, Esq. :

Have a wonderful rest of your day.