How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12801
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been litigating with a company that offered an investment/emplo

This answer was rated:

I have been litigating with a company that offered an investment/employment opportunity about the ownership of a certain amount the stock that I refuse to receive. During my contribution to that company I was discriminated due to my color, national origin and personal limitations. Later, when I wanted to stop working there, the company threatened me physically and escalated the harassment and the abuse. They have me pay company expenses out of my pocket, clean their office, go through punishments that hurt my dignity and they would make fun of this in a consistent basis.

Subsequent to my separation to the company, the company engaged in activities to sabotage my claims against them by forcing people insult me, mistreat me and yell at me.

Finally, I went get an employment lawyer who helped me initially. Later, though, this lawyer conspired against me in favor of the company. He replaced the agreements I have with the company with some forged ones. He also sent me a letter saying that he unilaterally decided not to continue with my case because it is not worthy to pursue (according to him).

Now I am trying to get enough evidence to probe the forgery and how this company continues to interfere with my options to seek justice.

What options you see for me?

I have considered making a timeline of the last two years and how the company has interfered and engaged in activities to frustrate my claims. Also get evidence of the continuous harassment and stalking as well as the forgery. Finally, I expect to make a report of this type of crime and submit it to the FBI, Human Trafficking Resources, and Local Police.

I need advice. If the case is that you can not provide advice, at least, can you confirm whether those are valid options to protect my interests due to the type of crime this company executes against me?
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. I am truly sorry to hear about everything you are going through.

Here on Just Answer we cannot provide specific "advice," but we can generally comment on the best steps an individual ordinarily may take under the circumstances.

In that respect, I think you are on the right track. A timeline which clearly describes the order in which events have occured will help you connect the efforts you have made to enforce your rights to your employer's subsequent retaliation. In law, we call this a "temporal nexus," and it is very important to establish in order to create a circumstantial case for unlawful retaliation.

I would also consider hiring a private investigator if you think that'sd something you might be able to afford. You can conduct a search for a licensed private investigator here:$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=PI&p_qte_pgm_code=2420

Finally, your attorney has a legal and ethical obligation to return your entire file. I would make a demand in writign for the return of my file and include within that demand a threat that if its entire contents are not provided to me that I will consider filing a complaint with the state bar.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.
Patrick, Esq. and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you