How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I be laid off on the 6th June, the lay off was back

This answer was rated:

How can I be laid off on the 6th June, the lay off was back date to 14March, I was paid full pay in march, and I got full pay for April, and all my pay cks stated I had 341/2 days of vacation time left. Then In June they went back to take all my vacation away. They said it needed to be used to pay in in Jan.Feb.and half of Mar. They now tell me i have to Pay them back for 1/2 of March, and all of April's check. This is discrimation because I dare to get an Attorney for my Workers Comp. injury. also they should have started paying CalPers for me in 2002, but did not,soo they had to pay 9 yrs of contributors for me, which did not.. make them happy.How can I convince the Dr.s at the school district how wrong this is, even the UNION can't Help. I need someone to help me, PLEASE !
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It is illegal for your employer to require you to pay back wages that you already received and not to pay you for your accrued vacation hours immediately at the time of termination.

If your employer doesn't provide you with the money to correct their mistake(s) immediately, I would highly suggest that you file a wage claim against your employer for the amount in unpaid vacation and wages that you are due.

You can file a wage claim using the information available online here:

In addition to your unpaid vacation hours, you would be entitled to a day's wages per day you were required to wait to receive your wages.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

Thanks and best of luck!
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

had surgery on 8/1/13, so was off work since then. got pay ck's until may, my april ck told me I had 341/2 days of SICK/VACATION. Then I got the letter on 6/6/13. that i was not employed since the 3/14/13.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I find an Attorney to help me through this !!!!